About us and contact information
Energy Systems Catapult is the trading name of the Energy Systems Catapult Limited, a company limited by guarantee, and registered in the UK under company number 08705784, whose main place of business is at 7th Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS (“us”, “we”, “our”).
Our website terms
This website is provided by us.
By using the site, you confirm that you accept and agree to comply with these terms and any terms referred to within them, which take effect on your first use of the Site.
Access to certain pages of the site, or any other of our sites linked from here, may be restricted or subject to further conditions of use as indicated.
We may change these terms at any time. Please review the terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made.
Your continued use of the site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated.
Other terms that may apply to you
Our Acceptable Use Policy sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Keeping your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend the service that we provide on our Site without notice.
Using material from our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged by using the following wording: “© Energy Systems Catapult [insert year]. All rights reserved.” (or similar wording in the case of identified contributors).
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The names, images and logos identifying the Energy Systems Catapult or third-parties and their services or products are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of us and/or third-parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of us, or any other third-party.
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Except for any specific exceptions listed within these terms and works which are explicitly expressed to be subject to copyright protection and which are submitted to the site by users, any material that you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site amounts to a violation of their intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, the material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, as long as you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please send your request to our info email.
Third party links
We cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referenced by an external link.
The material available on our site is designed to provide general information only.
We strive to ensure all information on our site is accurate and up to date. However, the contents are naturally subject to change and so we cannot always guarantee the accuracy of all information on the site. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given before entering into any commitment based upon them. The information provided on the site does not constitute legal or other professional advice.
We have done our best to ensure our site is free from viruses. However, we cannot always guarantee this. You are responsible for installing adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software on your computer.
We take no responsibility or liability, so far as legally possible, for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware; or telecommunications equipment or other material which may be transmitted with or as part of the site.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your use of the site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. We take no responsibility or liability, so far as legally possible, for any damages including, but not limited to:
- indirect or consequential damages;
- damages for loss of opportunity or chance;
- any damages arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other websites or the use thereof.
Personal information and security
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your personal information will not normally be disclosed to third parties. In some circumstances however we may recommend you disclose your personal details to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested, or fulfil a request for information.
Any information about you that we pass to a third party will be held securely by that party, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and used only to provide the services or information you have requested.
You have a right to request a copy of your personal details at any time. An access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to do this, then please email our data protection office or write to us at:
F.A.O Head of Legal
Energy Systems Catapult
Cannon House, 7th Floor
18 Priory Queensway
Information we may collect from visitors
We may collect several kinds of information from visitors to us depending on the part of the site being visited: feedback, email enquiries, email addresses, site usage information and personal details such as your name and postal details if you sign up for newsletters.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales
Please read these terms of this policy carefully before using this site.
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
Who we are and contact
This website is a site operated by Energy Systems Catapult Limited (“us”, “we”, “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08705784 and have our registered office at 7th Floor, Cannon House, 18 Priory Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BS.
You can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Our terms of website use also apply to your use of our site.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including (without limitation) chat rooms, bulletin boards, polls, blogs or web conferencing (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Governing law for disputes
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.